Thursday, March 11, 2010

Noah’s Journey

    I went on a trip to the great Mexican Rivera. It was really fun. I have been waiting to go on this trip for a while. So when I got to go it felt awesome. I knew it would be fun but wasn't expecting anything as amazing as it was.

I started out with a long drive. We were driving from Lone Pine CA to the port in Los Angeles CA. It was kind of boring but I talked to my mom and her boyfriend Cody a lot. Then I read a book the rest of the drive. The book was really funny it was called Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

Finally we got to the port and saw two or three huge cruise boats. I remember the name of two. One was a Princess brand boat called The Ice Princess. Then there was a Royal Caribbean boat named The Mariner of The Seas (The one I was getting in). I out of our car on to a bus which drove us to the boat then we had to do through around 5 security checkpoints.

Next we got these cards that said our name and something called folio # with a bunch of numbers and letters after the folio # with a colon symbol. Then we got on the boat. We all went to a bar to get something to drink and I told my mom I would meet her at our room later. Then I went to every room on every deck. Finally I met my mom in our room. After that we went to talk to the kids group about me. I wanted to be in the 12-14 kids group because I was 11 ½ instead of going to the 9-11 kids group because I find most kids my age immature. So they said to come back in the morning.

We went back and they said I had to spend three hours in the 9-11 kids group. So I did and it was pure torture. The dumbest thing I've done in my life was spend those three hours there. Then they said I could go to the 12-14 and I did. That was where I was most of the trip and met around 20 friends and exchanged emails so we could all keep in touch. I also went to three ports which were kind of boring. The fun one was Puerto Vallarta because I got to zip line.

On our zip line trip we first got on a speedboat which took us over this lake which took about 60 minutes. Next we got on a 4 wheel drive vehicle and took it to a camp which took about 30 minutes. Then they put the harnesses on us and told us how too zip line. After that they gave us each a mule and we took those up this mountain which took a while it was really fun. Finally we took a small hike up to a zip line and when down it and a lot more of them we also went down a free fall which was scary and walked down the side of a waterfall about 120 feet using a rope. Then we arrived back at the camp ate took the same 4 wheel drive vehicle to the speed boat and took the speed boat back to the harbor then got back on the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment